Alfonso Barbarotta CEO of
AFB Construction Management of Trumbull
Barbarotta is a successful product of the public school system.
He attended public schools from grades 1-12 in Pittsfield MA. He then
attended and graduated from Central Connecticut State University in
with a BS Degree in Industrial Arts. Mr. Barbarotta taught courses in
electricity/electronics/drafting/blue print reading at Hartford Public
School for 5 years.
Mr. Barbarotta started his own company, AFB Construction &
Facilities Management of Trumbull, Inc. in 1981 and has been a leader
project construction as well as energy and facilities management. He has
successfully worked with various municipal and educational facilities for
over 20 years.
Mr. Barbarotta currently manages facilities for Stamford BOE,
Stamford Parks Department, Stamford Board of Education (20), Trumbull
Public School (16), West Haven BOE (13), and New Haven BOE (57
schools). Mr. Barbarotta's value to municipal clints comes from
his thorough knowledge of state policies and procedures as he has
forged a cooperative relationship with the State's School Facilities
Unit, Local and State Employee Unions, Local Boards of Education, Town
Councils, Board of Finances, Building Departments, Boards of Health and
many State and Municipal Boards.
State of Connectiut - Major Contractor, Registration #MCO.901181
State of Connecticut - Asbestos Site Inspector/Management Planner,
- Trumbull Public Schools - Outsourcing of the Custodial/Maintenance Management
- Principal person in charge of the successful implentation of the
Team Leader Management structure for the Trumbull School District.
- Cooperative Educational Services - Outsourcing of the Custodial/Maintenance Management
- Principal person in charge of the successful implementation of the
Team Leader management structure for Coopererative Educational
- Stamford High School - Construction Manager/Owner's Representative
- Construction Manager for the $80 million Renovation & Code Upgrade project.
- Trumbull Public Schools - of the Manager/Owner's Representative
Manager for the $35 million Code Compliance, Technology Wiring,
Asbestos Abatement & Additions/Alteration project.
- Construction Manager for the $4 million Internet Wiring & Integration project
- Owner's Representative for $64 million dollar "Like New" Renovation of Trumbull High School.
- School of Agri-Science - Construction Manager
- Construction Manager for the $8.5 million new facility project.
- Stamford Public Schools and the City of Stamford
- Principal person in chargege of the Facilities Department including
Parks (52 parks, 3 public beaches) & City Facilities Department
(72 buildings) & Board of Education (20 schools).
TOP OF PAGE